Playing Command & Conquer on Windows 10 with working multiplayer
In this tutorial i’m gonna show how you can play Command & Conquer (Release year 1995) on Windows 10 with working multiplayer. C&C, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun was released as freeware in 2010 so you can download and play them free. There is still working community that is keeping alive these games and provide working installers and multiplayer. There is couple of error situations that you might see, but those won’t happen if you do things in correct order.
1.Download files listed above. If you do not need the cutscenes, you don’t have to download English Videos base pack.
2. Start installation of Command & Conquer by starting cc95v106c_r3_u4_full.exe
3. Setup is really easy. Just hit next next next.
4. Do not launch configuration tool yet.
5. Start cc95v106_videobase_eng.1.exe if you want to install cutscenes for Command and Conquer.
6. Setup should automatically detect where your game is installed. If not, then browse your installation dir and hit next.
7. If you created shortcuts to desktop, just right click C&C Gold -shortcut and click Open file location. If you didn’t create shortcuts, then just navigate to your C&C installation directory.
8. Right click CCConfig.exe and Run as administrator.
9. Make your changes and hit apply.
10. Right click C&C95.exe and select properties.
11. Go to Compatibility tab and uncheck Compatibility mode. NOTE: When ever you use CCConfig.exe and make changes, it will enable compatibility mode for C&C95.exe. If you don’t disable compatibility mode you will have error message and it will freeze your game and window.
12. You can now start the game from C&C Gold -shortcut. If you didn’t create shortcut, you can find the executable from installation dir by the name C&C95.exe.
13. If you want to play Command & Conquer online or lan, start C&C95 on CnCNet -shortcut. If you didn’t create shortcut, you can find the executable from installation dir by the name cncnet5.exe.