How to fix firewire problem in Windows 10
I had this problem with Windows 10 that my Canopus ADVC-55 didn't work straightaway. I tried WinDV and Adobe Premiere and but problem remained. This fixes problem if your capture device doesn't give you any image, and this fix works on Windows 7, 8 and 10.
1. Open up startup menu by clicking windows icon from bottom left, and after that just write device manager. After that click Device Manager link.
2. Find IEE 1394 host controllers -section and double click your host controller.
3. Click Driver -tab and after that Update Driver.
4. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
5. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
6. Select 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller.
7. Click Close and after that you should restart your computer.
And thats that! In my case Windows 10 selected Texas Instruments driver by default and for some reason it doesn't work right. This problem has occurred on Windows 7, 8 and 10, but its easy to fix just by selecting different driver. If you find this tutorial helpful, please leave a comment!