Connect Creality CR-6 SE to PC using USB cable
In this tutorial i'm teaching you how to connect Creality CR-6 SE to PC using USB cable. Installation is easy because you only need right drivers and no further setup. When you have working connection between your computer and 3D printer, you can use slicer like Cura to print directly from software. Live monitoring allows you to see current progress and real temperatures of nozzle and build plate.
Install USB drivers for Creality CR-6 SE
1. First let's download USB drivers for Creality CR-6 SE. Visit this site and download CH341SER.zip: http://www.wch-ic.com/downloads/CH341SER_ZIP.html
2. Extract CH341SER.zip.
3. Right-click start menu and click Device Manager.
4. Click "USB Serial" in other devices and open Drivers tab and click Update Driver.
5. Select "Browse my computer for drivers".
6. Find the folder where you extracted content of CH341SER.zip and hit Next.
7. Drivers are now successfully installed.
Check that everything works
Depending what program you are using, you might need the information what COM port your 3d printer is using. You can see that information from device manager.
If you now open Cura and Monitor -tab in it, you should see that Cura automatically detects your printer. You can now test that the serial connection works both ways by using Pre-heat -button, and then see if the temperature starts changing. If that is the case, then everything is working.
If this driver doesn't work with your printer, it is possible that your printer has different USB to serial chip which means that you need different drivers.